Newton County Government participates in the federal work authorization program to verify employment eligibility of all newly hired employees (E-Verify).
User Identification Number: 106134
Date of Authorization: March 6, 2008
1113 Usher Street
Covington, GA 30014
Map and Directions
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Questions? Please visit applicant FAQ
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$30,522.97
- Posted Date:12/08/2017 8:00 AM
|REPORTS TO :||FIRE LIEUTENANT|
Perform responsible work related to fire suppression, advanced emergency medical care, fire prevention education, rescue, and hazardous materials response.
All candidates selected to fill a vacant position in this classification must submit to and pass a drug screening test after meeting the following minimum requirements:
Must possess a High school diploma or GED
Must be able to pass a fire department mandated pre-employment physical
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, required for the job.
A valid State of Georgia driver's license
You must obtain the following Certifications within the first 12 months of employment:
- National Professional Qualifications Board (Pro Board) Firefighter I/II Certification
- National Professional Qualifications Board Hazardous Materials Awareness/Operations Certification
- FEMA National Incident Management System ICS-100, ICS-200 IS-700, and IS-800 certificates
- State of Georgia EMT Licensure
- Current American Heart Association BLS CPR certification
National Professional Qualifications Board (Pro Board) Apparatus Operator
- Valid State of Georgia Driver's license
- Birth certificate
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 year motor vehicle report that has been issued within the last 60 days (Non-certified copies of the MVR will not be accepted)
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
While performing essential functions of this position, employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions, work in high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and flame, blood, airborne pathogens and hostile or offensive patients.
Incumbent's Working conditions are typically quiet but may become very loud responding to emergency calls and at the scene of a fire or other emergency.
A Newton County Fire Services Application MUST BE RECEIVED at the Human Resources Department located at 1113 Usher Street, Room 203, Covington, GA 30014 for consideration. Applications are available in our office or via the link below. We will contact by phone or mail only those applicants whose qualifications meet our minimum requirements and are selected to move forward in the process. We comply with the Drug Free Workplace Guidelines. EOE