The Newton County Department of Development Services consists of multiple divisions, working in conjunction with other county departments and state agencies. This department provides planning, zoning, development, code enforcement,and business licenses for unincorporated Newton County. We also provide building permits for unincorporated Newton County, City of Mansfield, City of Oxford, and Town of Newborn. The department is committed to providing excellent community service. The Newton County Department of Development Services follows the Newton County Zoning Ordinance and the Newton County Development Regulations.
- Meetings & Agendas
- Planning for the Future - Short Term Work Programs for Newton County, City of Covington, City of Oxford, City of Porterdale, City of Mansfield and Town of Newborn
- Comprehensive Development Plan
- Link to Applications & Permits
- Contact Us
The Development Services Department invites you to participate in our Customer Service Survey. The Survey is short but will provide us with valuable information on what we are doing well and where we need to improve. Your feedback is most appreciated.
- 2009 Zoning Ordinance working copy (w amendments through 11-15-16 final draft)
- Newton County Development Regulations 03-04-2003, working copy with Amendments through 03-21-17
For any questions regarding zoning please contact Zoning Administrator Scott Kimbal @ 770-784-2018
Publications on the Newton County Board of Commissioners' website may vary significantly in format and/or content from the "official" printed publication. These documents and associated information are made available on the website for informational purposes only. Additional standards, regulations and/or ordinances may apply. Additional applications, permits and/or documentation submittals may be required. Please contact our Department at 678-625-1659 for additional information.